2.23.2014

WEEK IN REVIEW

Home Alone


This past week, I was unable to go on a, what seemed like an amazing trip, to Jamaica with my entire family. At first, I let my anxiety get the best of me, and I was extremely nervous about being on my own for an entire week, but it allowed me to have some extra breathing room. There was no one breathing down my neck, I was able to get things done at my own pace, and I was really able to see what me and my independent self is capable of.


2014 Sochi Olympics Figure Skating Finals


...And being home alone gave me ample time to lie in bed and watch the Olympics all day. My grandma would force my mom and uncle to watch any and all figure skating competitions, especially the Olympic ones. So, my mom, being the creature of habit that she is, always watches them so I join in on the fun. Being from Russia, I was extremely happy that Adelina Sotnikova took the gold, but at the same time extremely devastated that Gracie Gold didn't (there's always next time). But with all the crazy discrepancies between Sotnikova and Yuna Kim, it's hard for me to decide who truly deserved it.

Also check out this beautiful performance by U.S gold medalist Tara Lipinski in 1998

                               


NYC


Every time I go to the city I fall in love with it all over again. It is beautiful, it has so much culture, so much diversity, its wrapped up in endless possibilities. And as much as I want to live there someday, even its only for a year. But, Jay made a good point. He said that if i end up moving there, chances are I won't want to leave. And to be completely honest, as much as I love the city, there's a city out there that we love even more because it's our home, and we will be going back to Los Angeles eventually.


Pre-Spring Cleaning


Sometimes, my OCD goes wild and I clean just about anything I can get my hands on. But this time, I actually needed to clean before my family got back from their vacation, and I went all out. I organized everyones rooms, washed all sheets, vacuumed and washed floors, etc, etc. And hey, it came out lookin' pretty good.


Quimby


Still fawning over these glasses.....





http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/57/HomeAlone1game.jpg
http://siextramustard.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/gold600.png?w=600&h=375
http://s1.warbyparker.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/1000x450/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/q/u/quimby-sun-absinthe-front.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment