2.11.2014

Fashion Week 2014

Having grown up in California, going to a NYC Fashion Week seemed like a very out of reach goal. But now being only a short train ride away, it's all that has been on my mind this week as the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 2014 has commenced.

I've always wanted to go to a fashion week, I'm sure it's almost every little girls dream. Wear your best clothes, meet exciting new people, and of course the obvious getting to see previews of favorite upcoming lines. I'm going to do my best to make it to NYC next year even its for one show. Hopefully I will be able to make that happen.

Naturally, the one show I've been over-the-moon about seeing pictures from was J.Crew. Being my favorite store and all, I've been anxious all day to get home so I could finally get to 'ooh' and 'ahh' at the upcoming looks.

Let me say that they did not disappoint (not that I thought they would).  The article I was reading online, mentioned that head designer Tom Mora was inspired by Berlin in the twenties. The colors are a little gloomier than usual, but there is no lack of floral, polka dots, and about every texture and color combination imaginable. The beauty, as always, is in the details.

I for one can not wait to shop some of these looks in the Fall.

Here are some of my favorite of this upcoming Fall's German inspired sets:


                       
 I would like them all, 
Please and Danke.

http://www.fabsugar.com/JCrew-Fall-2014-Runway-Show-New-York-Fashion-Week-33980071#photo-33994651

No comments:

Post a Comment